Saturday, January 21, 2017

Template classes

Today, I finished my first template class in C++.  Our requirement for an assignment was to write a list class to be used in future projects.  This was a big challenge and something new to me.  In the end, what helped out the most, was first creating the class for a primitive type int and then creating a template that accepted any type.  This project was also my first time using unit tests in C++.  I had only ever performed JUnit tests in Java so I was unaware of where to begin.  It turned out to surprisingly be easier than I thought.  However, one must write a ton of code to make sure all of the bases are covered when unit testing.  It was cool to get back into testing since it has been a while.  More great things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment