Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Unreal Source Code

So today I have dug into Unreal source code.  I discovered that there was a way to remove the black bars that from the screen when someone is playing a VR game that is made in Unreal.
link: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/550651/vr-previewmirror-mode-has-black-leftright-bars.html
Following this link, will take you to the location that I discovered my answer.
This was a success.  The new packages I have exported from my version of the engine no longer have those black bars.  Hopefully unreal responds to this support ticket soon.  I think this is a feature that every dev for VR needs.  When you want to show off VR to a group of people, only one can see the whole picture.  I do understand that this may impact the performance of the computer though.  However, it should be an option for demo purposes.

This was a cool little experiment since I have never built unreal from source nor edited the code.

More cool stuff to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment