Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Zelda

So yesterday, one of the artists in the cohort asked me to put some intractability into the Zelda VR scene he made for his final.  This was a nice change of pace since I had just finished working on my finals.  This was quick, easy, and fun.  I was only asked to make items able to be picked up.  Instead, I added a little more.  Bombs that you pick up will light their fuses and will not explode until you throw them similar to Zelda.  I also added sound functionality to rupees when you pick them up.  I made the sword and shield snap to the hand position that Link would normally hold them in game.  I also made Navi in the scene shout phrases from the game if the player looks at her.  Lastly, I made pots destructible because you can't have a Zelda game without smashing some pots.
Anyway, gotta get footage from my other projects to update this site.
More cool things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment