Saturday, May 6, 2017

Half Done

Well, I am now halfway through my career at The Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy.  Time seems to really fly by here.  I've had a great opportunity working with all of the talented people here.  I have so many great projects to show for it and have overcome challenges I never thought I'd face.  This semester, I created a game to help families deal with depression for a class called gamelab.  This game was made for the HTC Vive and had some high quality art in it.  Video below:

Another project I had a lot of fun creating was Excommunicated.  This was a project for our project named The Gauntlet.  We had to design and create a game in 6 weeks.  However, some teams, including my own, were only as big as 2 people.  I had a lot of fun working with my friend and colleague Jerrick Flores to design a multiplayer experience in VR.  Nobody in the cohort had done this before, so it was an uphill battle learning networking with 2 Vives.  In the end, we pulled it off and had a great game to show for it.  Here is a video of that.

I also got to finish a side project that I had to scrape together in my limited free time.  This project was my own personal take on ILMX Lab's Trials On Tatooine.  Grudge Of The Mandalorian is a Star Wars Experience.  I was completely in charge of this project and ran a team of 10 artists to deliver this project to be as authentic as possible.  I learned so much about the unreal engine in this project and I even edited UE4 source code to remove those pesky black bars that Unreal renders VR games with.  Here is a video:



Anyway, looks like I'll be in the market for a job this semester.  So the great search now begins.  I'll also be working on my VR capstone "The Draft".  
More cool stuff to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment